Barista Job Description
Main Purpose of the Position
To provide courtesy service to all customers while producing and serving hot and cold beverages and food stuffs, in a clean and safe environment. As part of the team you will be expected to contribute to the success of all areas of the business. To complete all required paperwork both financial and food safety. Supply excellent customer relations & service in an efficient and professional way.
- Prepare all hot and cold beverages to standard as required
- Ensure all bar and customer areas are clean and tidy
- Ensure the unit is fully and correctly stocked
- Liaise with the Manager regarding any issues arising
- Fill in the necessary paperwork in line with the Safer Food Better Business
- Compliance with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations
- To greet customers as they arrive.
- To ensure the bar area is clean and well stocked at all times.
- To know the menu thoroughly and be keen to share your knowledge with your customers. If appropriate suggest suitable drinks.
- Always listen to what the customer wants and where possible seek to exceed their expectations through the quality and the service you provide.
- Adhere to Opening & Closing routines including cashing up
- Attend the Basic Food Hygiene course or any similar courses relevant to the business
- Good communication skills
- Proven customer focus
- Good team and alone working practice
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Good listening skills
- Tolerance to fast paced and sometimes pressured environment
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. There may be occasions where you will be expected to under take other reasonable duties when asked to do so.